Sunday 1 May 2016

April Wrap Up And May TBR

Ah, the time has finally come! I've been in a bit of a slump, I only read 11 books this month, I know this may seem like a lot to some people, but I'm a fast reader. This is not a lot for me.


Okay, first up is Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier. The third and final book in the Ruby Red Trilogy. This book was so good, it was a fitting conclusion and I was satisfied. My only issue is that I want more. I gave this book 5 stars.



Second book, Since You've Been Gone. This is about a girl named Emily, who's best friend disappears and leaves her a list of things to do during the summer. Emily does them all and makes new friends and expands her horizon. This book was so fun and adventurous, I wish I had the courage to do even half of the fun things they did in that book. It made me smile. I gave this book 4 stars.



Third we have, The Name of the Wind, possibly the best book I read in April. I don't really know how to explain what happens other than it features Kvothe, a boy who goes on a journey to become a magical man. I loved this book so much, I could not put it down. 5 stars from me.



Fourth is Vincent by Sarah Brianne, the second book in the Made Men series. Oh my gods I didn't think o would like this series as much as I do. So I don't want to give away much, but the book is about a young guy in the Mafia, who falls in love with this one girl, and some major shit hits the fan. I'll leave the rest to you. I gave this one 5 stars.



Fifth, Fearless by B. B. Reid, holy shit this series is intense. Since this is the last book I can't say much, but it's about a girl named Lake and her messed up relationship with Keiran, who is hella hot and scary which kind of makes him perfect. I've been waiting my entire life for this book. 5 stars.



The sixth book is actually a play, Romeo and Juliet. I shouldn't have to explain this one. I just hated it. It was aweful. I really couldn't stand this one. 1 star.



The seventh book is Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I took literally forever to read this book and I don't know why, I liked it well enough, it's also not the first book in the series, but to be a bit vague, it's about a girl named Karou and an angel named Akiva. It will not get vaguer than that. 4 stars.



Eighth book, Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison, this is a fantastical romance between a dragon and a Theif. Sounds interesting right? I gave this one 4 stars because although I really enjoyed it, it wasn't anything I haven't already seen.



We're almost at the end! Okay ninth book, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, just simply amazing. It had such a complex set of characters, thy all had their strengths and weaknesses and no one was perfect, well the plot was perfect so there is that. 5 stars because I loved that.

Also I think I might have forgotten to add this photo into my review, but I saw it and fell in love so I'm gonna add it now.


Tenth, An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. This book, for me at least, was unique. I haven't really read much of anything set in a Roman empire like setting. I didn't actually know I could hate tht many characters at once. The few that I did like are held close to my heart. Great book, 4 stars.


And finally, at the last minute last night I read this book, I didn't actually think i was going to read any more books in April, but this one took me by surprise. So the last book I read in April was Theif by Chantal Fernando. I mean, her writing has gotten way better than when I first started reading her books. They have always been  sort of guilty pleasure read because they read kind of like a dirty fan fiction. I still for some reason keep going back to bed books when I'm in the need of something light. So I did. I gave this book 3 stars.



I just barely completed my April Tbr. Last week I was like "oh crap, I still have two 400+ page books to read", but then I was like, "Okay, let's skip doing homework." This was good for my reading, not so good for my grades though. My bad.

Okay, lets start with my May Tbr.

Since this is my birthday month I'm not going to have that many books on my tbr because birthday means huge book haul. Get ready for that. But, I do have some books that I really want to read this month. I'll start.


1. The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider


I have just started this book and I'm very excited. My sister read it first and hen she came to give it back to me she was crying and telling me how bad it was, so I have very high hopes for this one.


2. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

I've been meaning to read this book for so long and I've been putting it off because I'm afraid I might not like it, but I think that it is finally time for me to just rip the band aid off and just jump right in and read it. I'm very excited for this one.


3. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

I read the first book back at the beginning of March and I don't know why I didn't just continue on right away, i mean I don't even have an excuse cause I bought the box set so I could have started it any time I wanted to, I just didn't.

4. Chloe by Sarah Brianne

At first this wasn't even going to be on my tar for May, but then it suddenly got released out of no whereon the 29th and now I have to read it because I have to know who she is going to choose. TEAM LUCCA!


Okay so that was my April Wrap up and my May Tbr. I'm not overly ambitious, but I'm excited to get reading. Have a great May!

No comments:

Post a Comment