Thursday 30 June 2016

June Wrap up and July TBR

I honestly didn't really follow my June TBR, there were just so many books that I got after that I took higher priority over. I think I finished maybe one book from my TBR. I hope to follow my July TBR a bit more closely. I have the time anyway. I read 12 books this month.

1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard



A book about two best friends and their friendship. One girl is hot and the other is cold. They balance each other out very well. This book is high fantasy, I really enjoyed it, I gave this book 4 stars.

2. The Martian by Andy Weir


This book was very accurate and so funny. It's about a man that got stuck on Mars and now he has to survive until he can be retrieved. Although I loved the fact that it was very scientifically accurate, it was a bit draining because I read this during finals. I had to cram other facts into my mind while this book is trying to cram in more. I ended up giving this book 4 stars.

3. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski



I loved this book. It's about a rich generals daughter. She is heavily immersed in politics, and the story starts with her taking a slave. So the chain reaction begins. I read this book so quickly, I loved it, it was not what I expected and it surprised me. I loved that. I gave this book 5 stars.


4. The Forbidden Men Series by Linda Kage

I figured I would just go over all of these as one so that this didn't take all day. This is a series about "Forbidden" romances as you can probably already tell. Each book is centred around a different couple. Over all I loved the series, I binged it in a few days. I gave the series an average of 4 stars.

5. Up in Flames by Abbi Glines



This is the 13th book in the Rosemary Beach series. I loved it. It's about the "Villain" of the series. The girl that everyone loves to hate. I loved the book because I love when the bad guy has a story. It's my quirk, but seriously it truly was a very good book. I gave it 5 stars.


Okay onto my July TBR.

1. The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski



Well I'm already halfway through this book so I would hope that I would get this done by the end of the month. Or else this would just be really sad.

2. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski



I want to finish this series, I loved the first book and I love The Winner's Crime so far, so I just need to take the final step and finish the series.

3. The Last Star by Rick Yancey 



I think I've put this one off for long enough, I want to read this this month, I just have to. It's the last book in the series, I just have to take the plunge. I'm sure I'll love it.

4. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes



I just ordered this on Bookoutlet, so I will probably get it this month and I'm very excited to read it. Everyone always talks about how much they love it, I need to jump on the bandwagon.

5. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson



I know the first one actually has a name, but the whole having different names on different covers thing just confuses me so much that I'm just going to call is Mistborn. I also ordered this on Bookoutlet, I'm ready to finally read this.

6. Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault



I love history, and I've put this book off for a few weeks so I should really get on that. Anyway I have a lot of time to read. No worries.

7. Finders Keepers by Stephen King



I now have all the books in this series, I bought the last one because it was pretty and was on sale. So now I have three Stephen King books and I haven't touched one since I read Mr. Mercedes like over a year ago. I really need to get a move on  or Stephen King is going to haunt me.


That's it, anything else I decide to read will probably be spontaneous. Ready to get all my summer reading done!

No comments:

Post a Comment