Sunday 31 July 2016

July Wrap Up and August TBR

July was the month of a lot of rereads, but I did get a fair amount of reading done, I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished. Also, if you're wondering why I always have so many 5 star books, it's just because I usually don't read a book unless I think that I'm going to like it. I will not purposely read a book that I think that I will hate, that's just no way to live.

1.  The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
I gave this book 5 stars. This is the second book in the Winner's Curse Trilogy. It was well thought out and exciting. I don't really know which genre to put this in. It's sort of like a historical fantasy, yet neither of those. It's hard to explain.

2. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski


I gave this book 5 stars. It was a very well written and satisfying Finale.


3. The Power by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I gave this book 5 stars. It was steamy and exciting and I also really love mythology of any kind. So the was a huge bonus.

4.  Legend by Marie Lu


I gave this book 5 stars, or maybe 4.5. I loved this book, it took me by surprise. The only issue is they don't act their ages.

5. Bound by Honor by Cora Reilly


I gave this book 4 stars. It was sexy and dangerous and I really liked it.

6. Bound by Hatred by Cora Reilly


I gave this book 4 stars. I still can't decide which book in the series was better. It's pretty close

7. Bound by Temptation by Cora Reilly


I gave this book 3 stars. It was okay, but it definitely wasn't as good as the others in the series.

8. The Last Star by Rick Yancey 


I gave this book 3.5 stars. It was better than the second book, but it was nowhere near as good as the first book. The ending of this book was just sad and unsatisfying.

9. Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers


I gave this book 4 stars. I had a good time reading it. It was fun, but at times, serious.

10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


I gave this book 5 stars. I cried. That's really all you need to know.

11. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes


I gave this book 5 stars. I fell in love with the characters and their stories and it was a perfect introduction to the series.


Okay onto my August TBR. So exciting!

1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


Yes, I'm finally reading another book by her, it's been so long. It's like I'm going to see an old friend that I haven't heard from in a a long time.

2. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness


It's a pretty short book and the movie's coming out soon, I figured I should just read it and see how i like the writing.

3. The Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling



You didn't actually think that I was going to not read this the second that I could did you? This may just be my most anticipated book of the year.

4. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson



Okay this one should be doable since I've already started it. So it should be done no problem.

5. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan



I swear I'm going to finally read it this month. I will.

6. Fire From Heaven by Mary Renault



I really want to read this one. It's most likely going to get read.


Well, that's it. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment