Tuesday 16 August 2016

Top 10 Longest Books I've Read

This one is pretty self explanatory, I'm not really going to go deep into this one, just sort of a quick, this is the book, and this is how many pages it had, maybe even a how long did it take me to read this, description. Also, I didn't include Breaking Dawn on this list because I only read the second half of it, so I figured it didn't really count. Don't ask.

10. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince




This book had 652 pages. I literally went from not reading at all to devouring this series at the age of eleven. It was pretty intense.

9. The Name of the Wind




This book had 662 pages. It took me a while to read this one. I wanted to saver it and really take in everything that was happening, I read about 100 pages a day.

8. Jane Eyre




This book had 680 pages. I wasn't given the luxury of just sitting down and reading this book. I had to basically read it whenever I had a spare moment because at the time I was going to see Niagra falls and "Sight seeing." It was so good that I never even realized it was so long, I flew through it in a day or so.

7. The Complete Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales




This book was also 680 pages. Since this is actually a collection of stories, it was spread out over a few months.

6. Lady Midnight




This book was 698 pages. It took me a couple of days to read it, not a long time, but still not uber quick.

5. City of Heavenly Fire




This book has 725 pages. This one was particularly memorable because the moment I got it, it was after school and I had seen that some people were actually finished it on Instagram, so I started it right there in the car and once I got home I hid in my room and didn't stop until I finished, which was around six hours. (Who needs to do homework anyway?)

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire




This book had 738 pages. I debated on whether or not I should limit the list to one per series or even one per author, but then, that wouldn't be the actual list now would it? I also don't really remember how long this one took me to read.

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows




This book had 759 pages. I know, I know, another Harry Potter book. But I swear it isn't my fault, It's J. K's for writing such long books.

2. A Game of Thrones




This book was 835 pages long. I did not read this one quickly at all, it was the whole curse of watching the tv show before reading the books. The show is so much like the books, the first one at least, it was like I was rewatching everything again.

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix




This book was 870 pages. I actually remember how long this book took to read! I was just getting into reading and I was so proud of myself for reading this huge book in only 5 days. That may seem like a lot to some, maybe? I don't know normal reading speeds, but it was super fast for me. Highlight of my reading life.

Bonus:

Under the Dome




This book has 1074 pages. I started reading this book about 2 years ago and stopped and still haven't continued. It is the biggest book I have and I swear I will read it, I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment