Thursday 1 September 2016

August Wrap Up and September TBR

I am actually kind of ashamed as to how much I didn't read this month, it was more because I did a lot of rereads instead of actually reading the books on my TBR. So this one is probably not going to be overly long.

1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child



Despite all the mixed reviews on this book, I actually really liked this book. I gave it 5 stars. This is the eighth book in the Harry Potter Series. This book was written in play format, which is probably why I gave it so much leeway. There were definitely things in there that bothered me, but the good out weighed the bad.

2. A Monster Calls



I gave this book 5 stars. It made me cry, it made me think. I loved it with all my heart. Also, the movie is coming out soon, so I would suggest picking up the book soon.

3. The Raven Boys



I gave this book 5 stars. I missed Maggie Stiefvater's writing so much. It's good to read her writing again. The characters were new and exciting, the plot was rich, broaching a subject I've never actually seen before in YA literature, Welsh mythology.

4. The Mark of Athena



I really loved this book, I knew I was going to love it before I read it because it was written by Rick Riordan and I loved every other book in this series. I gave this one 5 stars.

5. The Dream Thieves



I gave this book book 5 stars. I loved this one even more than the first book. It expanded on the world and the characters, getting deeper into what everything was all about. It was a fantastic sequel and I can't wait to read the fourth book.

6. Neighbor Dearest



I gave this book 4 stars. it was a highly enjoyable, sweet romance. It wasn't heartbreaking or the best romance I've ever read, but I had a great time reading this one, I stayed up al night to finish it.

7. A World Without You



I gave this book 4 stars. I am currently working on a  review for this one, so I won't get to deep on this one. I started reading this book on a 5 hour plane ride, I almost finished it on the plane, and I would have if I hadn't taken a short nap. I finished it after though, right at the end of the 31st, which is why I delayed my wrap up to today.

Okay that's over. Now onto my September TBR. This may seem a bit ambitious since I have school in September, but I seem to do more reading at school than anywhere else, so I have high hopes for this.

1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue



I don't even have this book yet, but like I said earlier, I really want to read the third book in this series soon.

2. Mistborn



I said I was going to read this last month, but I totally lied, I never even touched it. I'm going to read it soon. I have to or I will hate myself forever.

3. Rebel Spring



So I recently read Falling Kingdoms and really enjoyed it, it ended on a bit of a cliff hanger and I honestly can't wait to read on and see if Cleo undergoes character development and such.

4. A Torch Against the Night



This one just came out and I saw it at the grocery store and had to get it. So now I have it and I need to read it. I need to know what happens.

5. Nowhere but Here



I borrowed this book from my friend, so I should probably read it and give it back sometime.

6. The Catcher in the Rye



I'm finally going to take the plunge. I will.

Bonus: The Raven King



I might finish Blue Lily, Lily Blue soon and then I will have to read the Raven King just to find out how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment