Wednesday 28 September 2016

Top 5 Gateway Books to Your Favourite Genre

I was so close to choosing romance because I really love romance, but then I realized that I also really loved Fantasy and these books do in fact have romance in them, so I'm just going to go with Fantasy. Also, these books were incredibly hard to put into order, I love them all so much, for different reasons, some I love for the ships, others for the action, others because I love the characters so, so much. But I'm going to stand by what order I put them in.

5. Falling Kingdoms



This book isn't an overly long one. It's also told from the points of view of several different characters, as fantasy novels often do. So even if you really don't like one of the main characters, chances are you will like one of the others. It's fast paced and incredibly engaging. I loved it.

4. Throne of Glass



I have a long standing love for this book/series. When I mentioned ships earlier, I was talking about this series. Oh my gods, so many ships. I'm not going to spoil anything, but read it. The main character is such a badass and she's been through so many tough situations. If that isn't enough to peak your interest, she's also an assassin who mostly everyone is afraid of.

3. Mistborn



So I just finished this book last week and I loved it so much. The magic was unique and a freakishly simple concept. The main character, she isn't exactly a physical badass, but she is totally capable of kicking your ass.

2. The Name of the Wind



The first time I ever heard about this book was when I was in the 7th grade. My teacher told me to read it because it was really amazing and it was his favourite book. I didn't take his advice for a long time, I finally picked this book up in March. It was amazing and it blew my mind. I absolutely loved it.

1. Harry Potter (Philosopher's Stone, if we must get specific)



I don't know what else you were expecting. This was my gateway book/series into fantasy. This book is fun and exciting and the characters are relatable. It's a book series for all ages. I don't think I can say anything that I haven't already said about this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment