Thursday 1 December 2016

November Wrap Up and December TBR

I honestly had an awful reading months, I only read about 6 books. I just could not really get into anything this month. It was depressing. I'm happy with what I did finish though.

1. Under the Lights by Abbi Glines



I gave this book 4 stars. It was an emotional rollercoaster of a book. It was pretty different than some of Abbi Glines's past work and I think that's a good thing. She's evolving as an author. Definitely worth a read.

2. The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan



I gave this book 4 stars. It was undoubtably a good book, I was just having an issue getting into it. From what I've gathered everyone else loved it, so take this rating with a grain of salt.

3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr



I gave this book 5 stars. It was just so emotional and heartbreaking. It was just such an amazing book with a fantastic plot. A book everyone should read.

4. Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy



I gave this book 4 stars. It dragged on a little longer than I wanted it to, but it was still a great story. I really enjoyed it.

5. Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas



I gave this book 4 stars. Penelope Douglas is one of my favourite authors and while this may not be her best work, I had a great time reading this. There is even a little surprise with the characters from her other book Corrupt, if you're interested in that. I sure was.

6. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab



I gave this book 5 stars. Surprise! I actually finished it! I didn't think I would, but at about 11 last night I decided i could probably finish it off in about 30 minutes, so I did and even though I hated myself this morning, I'm happy that I read it. This was my first V. E. Schwab book, and I can't wait to read more of her works.

On to my TBR! This is going to be a bit ambitious, but I want to actually succeed with my Goodreads goal. I'm four books behind and this is sad.

1. The School for Good and Evil: A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani



I just started this this morning because I was feeling it. It's so good!

2. Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare



3. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Original Screen Play



4. The Host by Stephanie Meyer





5. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir



6. Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes



Because of the uncertainty of Christmas gifts, this is all that I'm going to set. Hopefully, I read all of these and more. :)

Thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment