Thursday 19 October 2017

I Hate Everyone But You Spoiler Free Review


I Hate Everyone But You
I Hate Everyone But You
by Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin




Synopsis:



Dear Best Friend,
I can already tell that I will hate everyone but you.
Sincerely,
Ava Helmer
(that brunette who won’t leave you alone)

We're still in the same room, you weirdo.
Stop crying.
G


So begins a series of texts and emails sent between two best friends, Ava and Gen, as they head off to their first semesters of college on opposite sides of the country. From first loves to weird roommates, heartbreak, self-discovery, coming out and mental health, the two best friends will document every moment to each other. But as each changes and grows into her new life, will their friendship be able to survive the distance?

My Thoughts:


I gave this book 4 stars. If you’ve ever had a really close best friend that you shared everything with and had an incredibly strong bond with then this book will resonate with you. The entire novel is witty and clever, you'll never be bored.

Most of the time I hate books written in this format, where you only get the story through two characters texting or emailing each other because I usually feel like I’m missing a lot of the story. That problem wasn’t present here as I felt because these two characters were so close they would tell each other a lot so I could get a feel for them as characters and the people around them.

It was well written and something I couldn’t seem to put down. It was also super realistic, there wasn’t really a moment in this book where I thought to myself “yeah right, like that could actually happen”.

While the story is about the lives of these characters and how they are trying to get through their early adulthood okay, it’s first and foremost about the friendship between these two characters and it’s beautiful.

What I found most relatable was that these people who went in and out of the protagonists’ lives were all people I know. We’ve probably all met the people that are being written in this book. 


Overall, amazing contemporary about friendship and life. Would highly recommend this to those who love a good YA contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment