Friday 3 November 2017

The First Kiss Hypothesis Spoiler Free Review


The First Kiss Hypothesis
The First Kiss Hypothesis
by Christina Mandelski

Release Date: November 6th, 2017

Synopsis:



Nora Reid believes scientific laws control everything, even love. With her grandparents’ epic first kiss story cemented in her brain, Nora develops a hypothesis she’s determined to prove: for each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they’ll experience an immediate and intense reaction. 

But after four years of zero-reaction kisses, she comes up with a new theory: maybe that pesky crush on her stunningly hot best friend Eli Costas is skewing her results.

She needs to get rid of him, and fast.

Eli Costas is an injury-prone lacrosse star with a problem—the one chance he had at winning over the girl next door resulted in the most epically sucktastic first kiss ever. And now she’s…trying to get rid of him? Hell no. It’s time to disprove her theory and show her exactly what she’s missing. 
Game. On.


Disclaimer: This book contains a stunningly hot lacrosse player who isn’t above playing dirty to win over the stubborn girl-next-door of his dreams.

My Thoughts:

I received an ARC for an Honest review

I gave this book 2.5 stars. There were some parts of this book that I did really like, but it was just overshadowed by the things I didn’t like.

I was really enjoying this book up until Eli started acting like he had some right to Nora. Just because he was her friend and did nice things for her and even though she really liked him, she didn’t know what she as doing so she didn’t show him. And him being an asshole, thought that just because he loved her and tried to show her that, she should just fall into his arms and then got pissed off when she didn’t. Eli is a jerk and I couldn’t get on board with those two getting together.

This book has a lot of the classic contemporary elements that I love, but it’s outweighed by things I didn’t really like at all. Such as one of Nora’s friendships that had a lot of problems, but then we never get to a solution. It’s like the author just gave it up in order to focus on the romance element of the book. 

There is a huge family element implemented in the story too and that is the part I loved the most. These characters are so connected to their families and no matter what they want to stand by them. I especially love Eli’s relationship with his little brother, Ari. Ari was probably my favorite character. He was just a kid but he seemed to have everything figure out because to him it was just that simple. 

Overall, this book just wasn’t for me. I found some things just too problematic for me to find enjoyable. If it sounds interesting to you, you should go for it, but I can’t say that I give it my stamp of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment