Thursday 10 May 2018

Recommendations: Books That Make You Cry


This is a list of books for the occasion when you just need a really good cry. It would have been easy to make a list of books that made me cry, but that isn’t what this is about. These are the books that I think would make anyone cry. These are the best of the best. These are the books that I think will make you cry even if you have a heart of stone. Honestly, if none of my recommendations make you cry then you don't have tear ducts.

A Dog’s Purpose



Maybe this book won’t make you cry if you don’t like dogs, however, if you love dogs, like me, you will surely be sobbing your eyes out for the entirety of this book. This hits really hard for those who have had a pet they loved.

The Green Mile



The injustice of this novel is what makes it so heartbreaking. It’s centered around a prison guard and his experiences on death row. And most specifically a man named John Coffey who has been given the death sentence for the rape and murder of two 9-year-old sisters. It’s raw, it’s gritty, and it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

A Monster Calls



This novel centers around a young boy and him having to deal with his mother having cancer. This one, I think, can be incredibly relatable to anyone who has lost a parent or loved one. I read this novel during a road trip and I was sitting in the backseat of the car just sobbing to myself.

Out of My Mind




This novel has a whole new perspective on “special needs” kids. We follow Melody who has cerebral palsy, she can’t walk, talk, or do most anything by herself. However, this little girl is incredibly smart. She just has no way of expressing these things because her body seems to work against her. It's very real and just shines a light on everything able-bodied people take for granted.

Are there any books out there that you guys guarantee will make anyone cry? Let me know as I love reading books that make me cry.

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

1 comment:

  1. I recommend All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

    ReplyDelete