Friday 18 August 2017

Why I Love Booktube


Since I run a blog this is a bit ironic, but one of my favorite things is in fact Booktube. If you don't know what Booktube it's basically book bloggers on Youtube. Mostly the same stuff except you can actually see them while they tell you things. I would have loved to do Booktube, but honestly, I don't think I'm that entertaining to watch and I'm way too self-conscious to put myself out there like that, therefore I stick with my blog. Don't take that to mean that I don't love my blog, because I really do, this blog has pretty much taken over my life.



What I love so much about Booktube is that you get a face to go with the words. It feels a lot more genuine when you can actually see the person saying it and if you're good at reading people, you can tell whether or not they're being genuine. It's also nice to have someone tell you. I love blogs as much as the next person, but I also like to listen to things. I like seeing people getting excited about things they love, it gives me personally some really good feelings.



It's like making a new friend. You see this person so much that it's like you know them on a personal level. You want to talk to them all the time and wonder what they would think about a certain book because their input also matters to you. They aren't some faceless person adding in their two cents, they are someone you have gotten to know from their videos.



There is a bit more freedom with videos. You can watch several Booktubers get together and play games, talk about things in general. Even when they interview authors, I generally enjoy watching interviews more than I like to read them. There are just so many things you can do with a video that is so much harder to do if you're just writing it and using pictures.



Sentimental value, it's what got me into the whole book blogging scene. I don't know how I came across Booktube, I think some videos just sort of showed up on my Youtube recommended videos list, but the moment I watched my first Booktube video was the beginning of the end. I didn't know that people could do that and it blew my mind that there were all these amazing books out there that I had never even heard of before. The more of it I watched the more I wanted to be a part of this whole bookish community, thus inspiring me to start my own book blog.


There is also the tiny fact that I find Booktube videos to be completely entertaining. I've gotten so many good book recommendations from Booktube and have just been completely immersed in people talking about my passion.

Do you guys watch Booktube? Who are some of your favorite Booktubers?

No comments:

Post a Comment