Thursday 5 October 2017

September Wrap Up


I'm a few days late with this, but I guess better late than never. I had a pretty subpar reading month, I just kept starting books and never finishing them. Hopefully I will finish reading those books in October. I've also decided not to do a TBR this month because I most likely will not even follow it.  I'll see where the month takes me!



1. Tormentor Mine 



I gave this book 5 stars. I was bored and the premise sounded pretty good so I picked this book up and ended up loving it. For a more mature reader as it has some heated scenes, but it's overall a very good book.

2. Wicked Abyss 



I gave this book 5 stars. I've been obsessed with the Immortals After Dark series for a few years now and I can honestly say it's still as good as it was in the beginning. I have a lot of theories of the future.


3. She, Myself, and I 


I gave this book 3.5 stars. This book had a lot of plot issues, but it was still something I had a good time reading.


4. Her Book Boyfriends 



I gave this book 1 star. I have never actually read a book I just hated before. usually there is something that made me sick, turned my stomach even. This book didn't do that. It was just a mixture of misogyny, tropes, and an annoying main character that just destroyed a perfectly good premise. This book was honestly just offensive and I would highly suggest not reading it.


5. Approximately Yours 


I gave this book 3.5 stars. This was a cute read. I probably read it at the wrong time because it is a very festive book and it's very far away from December, but it was still enjoyable with lovable characters. 


6. Just One of the Boys 



I gave this book 4 stars. This was a twist on the classic, girl pretending to be a guy. Except this version had a lot less cringe worthy moments than She's the Man. I can appreciate that.

7. Taking Avery 



I gave this book 4 stars. There was a part that turned my stomach a bit, but I quickly got over it because the plot was so hectic and the characters had so much chemistry. It was well written and I would definitely recommend it.

8. Hearts Aflame 




I gave this book 4 stars. I read the first book in this series a couple years ago and loved it, so I decided to give the next book a go. I enjoyed this book enough, just not as much as I loved the first book. What I don't like when I'm reading a series where each book is about different characters, is when there are noticeable parallels. A couple would be fine, but sometimes it feels to close to the same story with different characters and slightly different circumstances. This book was guilty of a bit of that.

9. The Rules of Magic 




I gave this book 5 stars. I can't even express my feelings. This book brings you on such an emotional rollercoaster, it's about witches, but not always about their magic. It's intertwined beautifully with their lives and what they go through. Alice Hoffman has outdone herself with this one. It's a masterpiece. 

10. Anti-Step Brother 




I gave this book 3.5 stars. Not my favorite Tijan book, but it was a decent read. I liked the protagonist, she was chill and really grew throughout the book.  


11. Swords and Stilettos 


I gave this book 2.5 stars. I remember writing in my review of this book that I probably wouldn't remember the plot of this one after a day or two and I was 100% correct. If you want to read said review click here


What books did you read this month?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the side bar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment