Tuesday 2 January 2018

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2017


I read so many good books in 2017 that it was honestly very hard for me to narrow it all down, but I did it. I hope you guys enjoy this list!

10. Norse Mythology




I’ve been intrigued by mythology for quite a while now, and it was a bit of a no-brainer to read this book. The way Neil Gaiman rewrote these tales, making them easy to understand and read while still maintaining their essence had me spellbound. I finished this book and the very same day I forced my friend to read it because I was so enraptured by Gaiman’s storytelling.

9. Everything Everything




Nicola Yoon became one of my new favorite authors with just this one book. This book read so quickly and seamlessly that I would have to be on ten different drugs for me to not recommend this book to everyone I meet.

8. Rules of Magic




I cried when I read this book. Practical Magic is one of my favorite books and so reading this prequel was a no-brainer. The character and the writing style were just so magical that I had to put it on this list.

7. A Court of Wings and Ruin




You may be questioning my sanity right about now because I put this book so low on my list, I assure you I am completely sane. I have my reasons. It was an amazing book, but it was a step down from ACOMAF which came out of nowhere. I also read some pretty amazing books this year, this may be the hardest year in terms of choosing the best as I had so many good reads. It was the only place for this book that made sense to me.

6. Ensnared




I had never heard of Rita Stradling before this year, and now that I’ve started reading her books I never want to stop. Ensnared was my personal favorite of the year. I didn’t think I would like it that much because the world kind of reminded me of Cinder and I wasn’t the biggest fan of Cinder, but this took a completely different turn and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Also, I liked the fact that it was NA. 

5. Daughter of Deep Silence




The reviews for this book weren’t good, so I had low expectations going into it. I really only bought it because it was six dollars. To say it blew my mind is an understatement. I read this book in pretty much one sitting and I was completely entranced by everything.

4. Rowan Wood Legends




I also read the first book in the series this year, but I have to say this one was way better. It was ACOTAR/ACOMAF levels of improvement, I’m not even exaggerating. The love triangle was completely thrown out the window and we got what we didn’t expect and it’s amazing.

3. Lord of Shadows




The reason this book is so high up is that I feel like Cassandra Clare’s quality of writing just gets better with each book she writes. Comparing this book to City of Bones, this book would win hands down. I love when an author can evolve and grow as much as Cassandra Clare has and I can say without a doubt that this is her best work.

2. Hideaway




I’ve reread this book at least 10 times and it only came out in October. I am obsessed with this book. Honestly, romance novels are never ever this high on my top 10 books of the year lists, if they even make it on the list. This book, however, is the exception. it was such an amazing story. Dark, humanizing, sexy, and full on adrenaline rush.

1. The Night Circus




This book was so magical. I read it at the very beginning of the year and the enchantment stayed with me the whole time. It isn’t a fast-paced read, but it’s one that will keep you completely immersed in the world.


Honorable Mentions:

Sweetwater




Paper Princess




Ready Player One




A Dog’s Purpose




Kill Me/Kiss Me




Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda



What are some or your guys' favorite books this year?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite reads were ACOWAR, Tower of Dawn and Caraval. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read two books from your list: Everything, Everything and Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda which I both enjoyed. I can't wait to see the movie for SvsTHSA, I hope they'll do a good job to show the email on screen like they did in the Everything, Everything movie.
    I also own ACOWAR, Lord of Shadows and Ready Player One. I really need to read the last 2 before the release of the last TDA book and the release of the movie.
    Ensnared has been on my TBR for a few months now and I've heard a lot of good things about The Night Circus and the Paper Princes trilogy and I'll probably read them too sooner or later.
    My TBR is already way to big but I'll check the one I don't know anyway x)

    ReplyDelete